CEM International Pty Ltd is a specialist group of companies providing engineering and equipment solutions to a diverse range of industries.
The Company specializes in areas requiring process and mechanical design, turn-key construction, manufacturing and distribution in high quality niche markets.
A wholly Australian owned company, CEM International was established in 1972, with the principal activity being the manufacture of cryogenic pressure vessels for the storage and transportation of liquefied gases.
In the intervening years the Company has experienced continued growth and development with the addition of non-cryogenic vessels for liquefied gases, a range of manufactured products, and other specialist engineering and wholesaling businesses.
CEM International operates through several divisions and associate companies and the Board takes an active interest in all major projects undertaken. CEM International head office is in Victoria with sales outlets also in New South Wales and Queensland and a wholly owned manufacturing facility in China.
Major Activities of the Group
- Design and manufacture of equipment for the storage and transportation of liquefied gases (LPG, anhydrous ammonia, carbon dioxide, ethylene, etc.) including road and rail tankers, above ground and underground storage vessels
- Consulting engineering services to the liquefiable gas industry including LPG and Natural Gas
- A specialty metal wholesaling business including: Titanium, Zirconium, Tantalum and other specialised products
- Design and manufacture of process and waste treatment equipment for the mineral processing, chemical and food processing industries, including a comprehensive range of filtration and mixing equipment
- A complete engineering service is offered starting from laboratory and pilot testing through application engineering and detailed engineering design, manufacture supervision of installation and final commissioning
- Operation of a sales unit distributing control equipment for the LP Gas and anhydrous ammonia industries throughout Australia. CEM is the sole representative in Australia of many of the worlds leading manufacturers
- Design and manufacture of STEELWELD custom-built hydraulic presses
- Non destructive testing carried out in a NATA accredited laboratory.
- Inspection and design verification conducted as a NATA accredited body.
- Heat treatment
Our Businesses and Subsidiary Companies
Processing equipment for various industry applications.
- Filter Presses
- Vacuum Pan Filters
- Pressure Leaf Filters
- Drum Filters
- Powder Blenders
- Road tankers for LPG, anhydrous ammonia and cryogenic gases
- Rail tank cars for LPG and anhydrous ammonia
- Above ground and underground storage vessels for LPG and anhydrous ammonia and cryogenic gases
- ISO containers for LPG and anhydrous ammonia
- Large LPG & refrigerated cylinders
- STEELWELD custom built hydraulic presses
- Sheet and plate
- Condenser and heat exchanger tube
- Pipe and fittings
- Bar and wire
- Anodes and cathodes for electro chlorinators
- Titanium clad plate
- Aluminium steel transition joint
- Representing TIMET, VALTIMET and LOTERIOS
Operating out of a wholly owned factory and premises, CCSEC manufactures agitators, mixing equipment and a variety of vacuum filtration
The objectives of CEM International include provision of sound, safe and reliable products and services. To this end, a quality assurance system to cover all products supplied by the group has been implemented and designed to comply with ISO 9001.
The NATA registered testing laboratory and inspection body, staffed by professional personnel, is an integral component of our quality assurance system and are registered for non destructive testing to ISO/IEC 17025 and pressure vessel inspection and design verification to ISO/IEC 17020.
Standard Terms and Conditions of Purchase by CEM
Click here to view: CEM Purchase Order Standard Terms & Conditions