Technology of Wine Agitators
Chemical Plant & Engineering designs and manufactures wine agitators for use in wine storage tanks.
The introduction of agitation to a wine storage tanks can have dramatic effects on product consistency and mixing rates. CPE agitators have demonstrated this and are used extensively in the wine industry throughout Australia and in many wine producing countries including New Zealand, USA and Canada.
CPE agitators are marketed under the VinFoil® brand throughout the US wine industry.
The following video was developed by our partners in the USA. This clearly demonstrates the advantages of our agitator technology.
Benefits of using CPE’s Wine Agitators:
- Greater homogeneity
- Optimized refrigeration efficiency
- Better wine quality.
These are just some of the benefits achieved through gentle mechanical agitation of wine in storage tanks.
WHY USE WINE AGITATORS
Agitation creates or accelerates process change.
Process Change includes:
- HEAT TRANSFER – cold stability, yeast starter tank
- MASS TRANSFER – additions, oak extraction
- BLENDING – minimize tank striation
- HOMOGENEOUS SOLIDS LEVELS – feed tank for centrifuge/decanter/filters
BENEFITS TO WINE PLANT OPERATORS
- Reduction in the time taken to achieve blend consistency.
- Elimination of temperature stratification in cold stabilization cycles.
- Energy saving due to efficient technology and reduced mixing time.
- Retrofitting option
Pumps have been the conventional method used to prepare wine prior to bottling. This method is proven to be inefficient and a poor compromise compared to the use of agitators.
Pumps draw from one connection and pump to another connection. The pump over method creates dead zones in tank where product is not thoroughly mixed. Agitators will achieve a uniform blend in a time efficient manner. Furthermore agitators leave no dead zones in the tank.
Our agitator technology is also easily adapted to automated cellars.
Please contact us for further information.